Here’s a nice list from a real estate agent in Maryland.
Home Exterior – walk across the street to your neighbors house and take a look at your home. Do you like what you see?
- Remove cars from the driveway, front of house and garage.
- Hide recycling and trash receptacles, garden tools and hoses.
- Have lawn cut, mulched and add flowers if weather permits; remove dead plantings.
- Have windows washed and remove screens if possible.
- Power wash walkways, patios, siding if necessary.
- Neatly arrange patio furniture, uncover barbecue so scene is set.
Home Interior – take your time and go room to room to enhance the look and feel of each room.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Clean and neaten all closets including removal of all items from the floor.
- Set the scene in each room by arranging furniture and accessories; remove excess (you may need a stager) to make rooms look open and large. Remember less is more!!!
- Have carpets cleaned and/or stretched if needed. Replace capret on an as needed basis.
- Touch up paint if needed.
- Remove excess art and photos but not all. You are living in the house after all!
- Clean off counters in kitchen and baths; add fresh looking towels to bathrooms.
- Make sure all beds are made, clothing and personal items are put away neatly.
Phoenix Real Estate Market
Looking for Something?
"I think the median Phoenix home price could quickly pop up to $144,000+ again. If not in the second half of this year, then certainly in the first half of 2012."Metro Phoenix median home price rose from $116,050 in August 2011 when the post was written to $153,500 in May 2012.
- John Wake, Arizona Real Estate Notebook, August 11, 2011
See full post - Phoenix foreclosures as percentage of homes sold continues to decline.